Satisfaction survey on the quality of written responses to complaints and requests for information in 2019
Information on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679
Among the duties assigned by law to the Regulatory Authority for Energy, Networks and Environment (ARERA), Law 481/1995 and subsequent amendments provide for conducting opinion polls on customer satisfaction and service effectiveness (Article 2, paragraph 12 , letters i), l), and n) and paragraph 23), in order to periodically check the quality and effectiveness of services via customer evaluation.
With the Integrated Text of the commercial quality regulation for electricity and natural gas sales services (Annex A to Resolution 413/2016/R/com and subsequent amendments), ARERA provided for conducting an annual survey on the quality of written responses to complaints and requests for information from customers of the major electricity and gas suppliers, instrumental to exercising the powers conferred by Law 481/1995.
In particular, the satisfaction survey aims to collect end customer assessments regarding the quality of responses received from their electricity and gas suppliers after submitting a written complaint or request for information.
The survey will be conducted by phoning a sample of customers who have received a written response to a complaint or request for information, or by sending an online questionnaire to the customers and the delegates they used to submit the complaint or request. The survey results will be made public in an anonymous form, in compliance with the confidentiality profiles indicated by the legislation in force, within the Annual Report on handling complaints and resolving disputes from electricity and natural gas customers.
The customer is informed of the possibility of being contacted to participate in the survey in advance, via a statement included in the response to the complaint or request for information they receive from their energy or gas supplier.
Given the above, pursuant to the European Regulation on the protection of personal data, the processing of information concerning you will be based on the principles of correctness, lawfulness and transparency and the protection of your privacy and rights. Personal data is processed by the Authority when performing tasks that are in the public interest or in any case connected to exercising its public powers, and necessary to perform the tasks entrusted by Law 481/1995 and subsequent amendments.
The survey will involve some electricity and gas sales companies which will be required to participate.
In fulfilment of the obligations set out in the aforementioned Integrated Text (available on the Authority's website www.arera.it) and in compliance with EU Regulation 2016/679 on the processing of personal data, information is provided on the purposes of the processing, data storage methods and times, the data controller and the data subject's rights.
1. The data controller for processing aimed at INDAGINE DI SODDISFAZIONE SULLA QUALITÀ DELLE RISPOSTE SCRITTE AI RECLAMI E ALLE RICHIESTE DI INFORMAZIONE ANNO 2019 is the Regulatory Authority for Energy, Networks and Environment (ARERA) with registered office in Milano, Corso di Porta Vittoria 27, 20122. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, PEC (certified email address) email@example.com, switchboard +39 02655651. The Data Protection Officer (DPO) can be reached at the following address: Regulatory Authority for Energy, Networks and Environment. Personal Data Protection Officer, Via dei crociferi 19 00187 Roma, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The research company Centro Statistica Aziendale Srl (CSA Srl) with registered office at Via Atto Vannucci, 7 -50134 Florence, phone 055/470374, email PEC: email@example.com conducts the survey and is the party responsible for processing personal data pursuant to and for the effects of the GDPR. Contact details: Leni Avataneo phone 06/89924900, email PEC firstname.lastname@example.org and also available in the appropriate section on the survey on the site www.arera.it. The personal data collected is processed by ARERA staff, who act on the basis of specific instructions provided for the purposes and methods of the processing described above.
2. Some data related to your complaint, subsequently explicitly indicated, provided by you to the supplier, will be processed temporarily – including electronically – to the extent strictly necessary to conduct the satisfaction survey on the quality of written responses to complaints and requests for information 2018. The data subjected to processing concerns: the person who forwarded the complaint and received the reply, the name of the holder of the supply contract the complaint refers to or the name of their delegate, the date of the complaint and that of its response, and the phone number or email address, as appearing in the data held by the supplier and relating to the contractual relationship.
3. If you are called for the purpose of conducting the telephone interview, and consent to it, or if you receive a questionnaire via email, the data acquired during the survey will also be processed; you still have the option not to grant the aforementioned telephone interview or not to answer the questionnaire. In this case, the survey will continue with other subjects in the sample.
4. You can exercise your rights vis-à-vis the data controller at any time, as required by Article 15-22 of GDPR; in particular, you can ask to know about the existence of data processing that may concern you (right of access); you will be able, without delay, to have the same data and its origin communicated to you, have data erased (right to be forgotten), transformed into anonymous form or blocked in the case of data processed in violation of the law, and have data updated, corrected (right of rectification) or supplemented; furthermore, you have the right to withdraw your consent, in whole or in part, for legitimate reasons, to the processing of your personal data, even if pertinent to the purpose of collection (right to object).
5. Erasure of data used for survey purposes: at the end of the survey, after the results have been delivered, checked and subjected to any verifications required by current legislation, the Authority will delete all the data files made available by the sales companies.