Gas last resort supply service
What is Gas Last Resort Supply Service?
The Supplier of Last Resort Service is activated by the authorised regional supplier in certain situations where an end customer is without a supplier, while remaining connected to the network and therefore able to continue to consume gas.
In such cases, the supply of gas is assigned to a specific supplier, selected by the Single Buyer through an auction (as in the case of the supplier of last resort FUI), which must then operate in accordance with the provisions of the Authority for Electricity, Gas and the Water System (hereinafter "ARERA"), also with regard to the economic terms to be applied.
In particular, the supplier of last resort service can be activated:
- in the case of non-disconnectable supplies left without a supplier for any reason (non-disconnectable supplies are those for public services, as defined in art. 2.3(c) of Annex A of the ARERA Resolution ARG/Gas 64/09 as amended "Integrated Text on the retail sale of natural gas and other gases distributed through urban networks", hereinafter "TIVG");
- in the case of disconnectable supplies for:
- domestic customers
- apartment buildings with domestic use and consumptions not greater than 200,000 scm/year
- customers with various uses and consumptions not greater than 50,000 scm/year, that are without a supplier for reasons beyond their control (due to administrative termination for reasons other than arrears or in the case of termination of the distribution contract between the previous supplier and the local distributor).
The economic conditions provided for the supplier of last resort service differ in relation to the customer supplied. In general, the following prices will be applied:
- for non-disconnectable customers: the rates provided by ARERA for the gas protection service (with a retail sale quota component "QVD" equal to that defined for apartment buildings with domestic use) plus the β parameter defined in the auction phase and the additional INAUI fee for expenses related to arrears referred to in paragraph 31a.4 of the TIVG
- for domestic customers and apartment buildings with domestic use and annual consumptions of less than 200,000 cubic metres: the rates provided by ARERA for the gas protection service plus the β parameter, starting 6 months after activation of the service
- for all other customers: the rates provided by ARERA for the gas protection service (with a retail sale quota component "QVD" equal to that defined for apartment buildings with domestic use) plus the β parameter
The billing of the supplier of last resort service shall be governed by the provisions laid down by ARERA in art. 31 a of the TIVG.Billings starts within three months from entry into the supplier of last resort service and continues on a monthly basis.
You can also read about Default Gas Distribution Service.
If the last resort service has been activated with Enel Energia for your supply, you should have received a letter in which our company notifies you of the activation of the service and the relevant terms and conditions.
The code displayed at the bottom left of the letter will help you understand the reason why the service was activated for your supply and the economic terms that will be applied to you for the last resort service service, in particular:
- FUI_A1, FUI_A2 and FUI_A3: for customers not in arrears regarding whom administrative termination has been requested
- FUI_B: for non-disconnectable customers in arrears
- FUI_C1, FUI_C2 and FUI_C3: for customers without a valid distribution contract.
In general, we inform you that this service lasts until you sign a new gas supply contract or request termination of the supply or, for disconnectable supplies, the supply is disconnected.
We advise you to apply for a new gas supply contract, with no need to notify us of your withdrawal from the supplier of last resort service for this purpose.
If the letter requests the payment of a certain amount as a security deposit, please make the payment in the manner and times specified to avoid Enel Energia requesting the authorised regional distributor to disconnect the supply due to arrear.
Thermal Years 2014-2016: for the period from October 2014 to September 2016, Enel Energia was selected by the Single Buyer as the supplier of last resort for 7 of the 8 areas in Italy (Lombardy, Trentino Alto Adige, Veneto, Friuli Venezia Giulia, Emilia Romagna, Abruzzo, Molise, Basilicata, Puglia, Lazio, Campania, Sicily and Calabria) for a last-resort coverage of up to 120 million cubic metres in each area. Enel Energia is also the second company selected for the Valle d'Aosta, Piedmont and Liguria area. The β parameter defined in the auction phase differs according to geographical area (from 2.0 to 7.0 €cents/scm).
Thermal Years 2016-2018: for the period from October 2016 to September 2018, Enel Energia was selected by the Single Buyer as the supplier of last resort for 7 of the 8 areas in Italy (Valle D'Aosta, Piedmont, Liguria, Lombardy, Trentino Alto Adige, Veneto, Tuscany, Umbria, Marche, Abruzzo, Molise, Basilicata, Puglia, Lazio, Campania, Sicily and Calabria). Enel Energia is also the second company selected for Friuli Venezia Giulia ed Emilia Romagna. The β parameter defined in the auction phase differs according to geographical area.
All communications regarding the supplier of last resort service, when no specific means of communication defined by ARERA are required, are to be sent to the following certified e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The automatic reimbursements referred to in art. 42.2 of the TIVG must be paid to Enel Energia with a credit note, together with a bank transfer payable to:
BANCA MONTE DEI PASCHI DI SIENA
Via S. Margherita 11, 20121 Milan
The payment details, together with the detailed list of supplies to which it refers, must be communicated by certified e-mail to the address indicated above.
With regard to the provisions of art. 5.8ter of Annex A of ARERA Resolution ARG/gas 99/11 (Integrated Text on Gas Arrears), introduced by art. 5.2 of resolution 418/2014/R/gas, Enel Energia, as supplier of last resort, should not be considered a specific user of the distribution service for the calculation of the weekly suspension capacity (CSSi,m) for all the delivery points supplied.