The following are autonomous Data Controllers:
- Enel Energia S.p.A., with registered office in viale Regina Margherita n. 125, 00198, Rome, Gruppo IVA Enel VAT 15844561009, Tax Code 06655971007 (hereinafter referred to as "Enel Energia");
- Enel Italia S.p.A., with registered office in Rome, Viale Regina Margherita 125, Gruppo IVA Enel VAT 15844561009, Tax Code 06377691008 (hereinafter referred to as "Enel Italia").
The data will be processed in accordance with the provisions of the applicable legislation on the protection of personal data.
1. DEFINITION OF COOKIES
1.1 Cookies are small text files that websites send to users’ devices (e.g. computer, tablet, smartphone, notebook, etc.), where they are saved and then sent back to the same sites on the user’s next visit. Cookies may require the user’s prior consent.
1.2 Cookies allow the device on which they are stored to be identified for the entire period of their validity or registration. During visits to the Website, navigation data-related information received from the user’s device may be stored in cookies installed on the latter.
1.3 Cookies perform different functions and make navigating the Website more efficient by remembering the user’s preferences and enhancing their navigation experience. They can also help personalise the advertisements shown during navigation and the marketing activities aimed at the user, ensuring that they reflect his/her interests and preferences.
1.4 Cookie settings can be changed at any time. The following information provides further detail about the cookies used by the Website and the ways the settings relating to them can be managed.
2. TYPES OF COOKIES USED
2.1 When a user connects to the Website via their web browser, cookies may be installed on their device in order to enable the Website to recognise that device, ensuring the effective use of the Website for the lifetime of the cookies, and to collect information on accesses to the Website.
2.2 When navigating the Website, cookies may also be sent to the device from other sites or servers (i.e. “third parties”); these may contain certain elements (e.g. images, maps, sound, specific links to pages in other domains) present on the site being visited. With regard to this profile, these may be:
- First-party cookies, sent directly by Enel to the user’s device.
- Third party cookies, which are sent by a third party but on Enel’s behalf.
- Technical Cookies: their use does not require user’s consent is strictly limited to the transmission of session-identifying data (numbers generated randomly by the server) necessary for the secure, efficient navigation of the Website; these are not persistent cookies stored on the user’s computer but are erased when the browser is closed. These cookies are used for security reasons and to improve the service offered to users.
Technical cookies are used by Enel Energia and Enel Italia.
- Cookie Analytics: Enel uses cookie analytics to analyse the number of users that visit the Website and the ways in which the Website is used, collecting the information in aggregate form. This kind of cookies might be considered as Technical cookies, therefore does not require user’s consent. Differently, when they can identify the user, user’s consent is required.
Cookie Analytics are used by Enel Energia and Enel Italia.
- Profiling Cookies: this kind of cookies require user’s consent. Profiling cookies create user profiles and are used to send out advertising messages that reflect the preferences expressed by the latter while surfing the web or to enhance their navigation experience. These cookies can be used for this purpose only with the user’s consent.
Profiling cookies are used by Enel Energia and Enel Italia.
3. MANAGING COOKIES THROUGH COOKIE CONSENT MANAGEMENT TOOL
3.1 You may select your preferences through the cookie consent management tool. Subsequently, the user can always update his preferences.
4. SOCIAL PLUGIN
The Site contains plug-ins from social networks (for example Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, etc.). By accessing a page of the Site equipped with a similar plug-in, the Internet browser connects directly to the servers of the social network and the plug-in is displayed on the screen thanks to the connection with the browser.
Even if the user is not registered on social networks, websites with active social plug-ins can send data to the networks. Through an active plug - in, a cookie with an encoding will be set each time the Site is accessed. Since the user's browser sends this cookie without request at each connection with a server of a network, the network could create a profile that recalls the websites that the user has visited. In this case, it is possible to trace the encoding to a person, for example when the user connects to the social network.
If the user does not wish to associate the visit to the pages of the Site with their social account, they must log off according to the methods offered by the main social networks to allow the user to disable the social plug-ins.
For more information on the processing and use of data through social networks, as well as on the settings for the protection of privacy, it is advisable to check the privacy policies of the respective social networks or websites. Below are the links in question:
5. MANAGING COOKING USING YOUR BROWSER SETTINGS
5.1 Almost all web browsers allow you to check which cookies are on your hard drive, block all cookies or receive a warning every time a cookie is installed. In some cases, however, failure to install a cookie may make it impossible to use some areas of the Website in question.
5.2 Below are the main ways in which the most popular browsers enable users to choose their cookie use options:
5.3 If you are using a mobile device, you should consult the instruction manual for information on how to manage cookies.
5.4 For further information on cookies and also on how to view the ones set on your device, how to manage or remove them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.