The companies Enel Energia S.p.A. and Enel Italia S.r.l. (hereinafter, generally, the "Companies"), as independent data controllers, provide notice that the personal data of the data subjects will be processed in compliance with the provisions of the Code on the protection of personal data (Legislative Decree No. 196/2003) for the purposes and with the methods indicated in the respective privacy policies.
Enel Energia Privacy Code
The "Enel Privacy Code" is finally available. This is the first manual prepared by an Italian company to guarantee and promote the proper acquisition, management and storage of its customers' personal data. The volume, published by the legal department of the group's Sales Italy division, presents a complicated and constantly evolving subject matter in a clear and simple way.
Through illustrations, stories from the everyday life of those who work in contact with customers, and answers to frequently asked questions, the Code is aimed at providing the company's staff and partners with a handbook for navigating the world of privacy protection.
The topic of the confidentiality of personal data entered Italian law in 1996, with the implementation of European Directive 95/46/EC; we have passed rapidly from a legislative vacuum to an advanced protective framework, which was initially purely formal and bureaucratic in nature. Over the years, particularly with the development of technology and the growth of new means of information and communication, such as computers, tablets and smartphones, awareness of the importance of the protection of each individual's personal data has grown.
The Enel Privacy Code reflects this awareness and shows the attention that the company gives to the proper processing of information provided by its customers. Privacy is no longer understood merely as a requirement but also as a way to create value, both inside and outside the company.
"As Enel, we are firmly convinced that privacy is not only a fundamental right of every individual, but also an opportunity that can and should become a distinctive element in the market in which we operate," says Nicholas Lanzetta, Head of Enel's Sales Italy. Personal data is a valuable asset for our business, together with our commercial network extended all over the country and the energy that we bring to homes and businesses throughout Italy. For this reason we have to ensure its proper acquisition and use."
Enel Energia S.P.A statement on privacy
Enel Energia S.p.A. (hereafter “Enel Energia”) undertakes to respect and protect your privacy and wants you to feel safe when simply browsing its website and if you decide to register by providing us with your personal details to utilise the services provided to Customers by Enel Energia or by the ENEL Group companies as associate, subsidiary and/or parent companies of Enel Energia.
This statement applies exclusively to the www.enelenergia.it website and does not apply to personal data acquired through links to other websites over which Enel Energia has no control and which are not covered by this declaration on data security. Enel Energia assumes no liability for the personal data processing policies of other websites. You are therefore advised to read the privacy policies of each website you visit. This statement is also based on Recommendation no. 2/2001 that the European authorities for the protection of personal data, meeting in the Group established by Art. 29 of Directive No. 95/46/EC, adopted on 17 May 2001 to identify some minimum requirements for the collection of personal data online and, in particular, the manner, timing and nature of the information that data controllers must give users when they connect to web pages.
Enel Energia, the data controller, pursuant to art. 13 of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 (hereinafter the "Privacy Code") informs you that the personal information provided by you and acquired upon registration for the services you have chosen, as well as data necessary for the provision of such services, including browsing data, will be treated in accordance with the assurances of confidentiality and the security measures required by current legislation through digital, telematic or manual means, based on criteria strictly related to the purposes of the processing.
With specific regard to browsing data, Enel Energia informs you that the digital and telematic systems and software procedures used to operate this site, or dedicated to the functioning and use of the "apps" provided by Enel Energia, acquire some data during normal operation (e.g. the date and time of access, the pages visited, the name of the Internet Service Provider and Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you access to Internet, the Internet address from which you linked to our site, etc.). The transmission of this data is implicit in the use of web communication protocols or useful for the efficient management and optimisation of the data sending and e-mailing system. This data is used only to obtain anonymous statistical information on usage of the site and to check its correct functioning, and is kept in an anonymous form throughout the period of activity of the site. The data may be used to determine responsibility in the case of computer crimes that harm the website.
Your personal data will be processed for the following purposes:
1. Registration for the reserved area.
The release of personal data is necessary for the aforementioned registration and for the use of services, including the purchase of the available products; providing partial or incorrect details may mean you cannot access or benefit from services. Enel Energia also allows the User the ability to access the reserved area by using credentials provided by a social network. (i.e. social login). The aforementioned Reserved area can also be accessed by app. The Reserved Area may be accessed via Facebook, Twitter and Google accounts.
To this end, Enel Energia informs the person concerned to be provide personal data (Name, Last Name, Email) that matches that used on the chosen social network. The person concerned is therefore required to verify the social network settings and carefully read their privacy policies, given that they may allow the social network to share with their personal data with Enel Energia, allowing Enel Energia to collect information such as contacts, friends and other personal details. In any case, Enel Energia will be unaware of the registration data used by the person concerned. We will retain the user's account identification code associated with the third party service when used to log in to Enel Energia or to share content hosted by the site; details will be held the time necessary to provide the services required. If the user creates an Enel Energia account or use the site's services by connecting through social log-in, we may use the information in your account of origin to complete your site profile. Interested parties may at any time to update or change their profile information and contact details through social login;
2. Use of apps made available by Enel Energia and use of its services;
3. Fulfillment of legal obligations, regulations or under Community law;
4. Implementation of contracts proposed by Enel Energia (relating to the supply of electricity, natural gas, energy efficiency products, support and maintenance services, services and applications for the detection of energy consumption, etc.). In particular, with regard to the personal data entered on the application forms for supply contracts available on its website, Enel Energia informs you that if you fail to complete the registration process, the data entered (if it includes at least your name, surname and e-mail address or phone number) will be used by Enel Energia for the sole purpose of contacting you to facilitate the completion of the application process, allowing you to access an application form that already includes the data originally entered when you first filled out the form. After 2 days from when the email is sent, the link becomes invalid and the data is deleted.
5. Management of any purchase orders and related administrative activities, and the treatment, in accordance with local legislation, of payment data, including the identification details;
6. Use of the services available on the site www.enelenergia.it;
7. Event participation made available through the site www.enelenergia.it;
8. Preparation of measures aimed at protection against credit risk, including activities aimed at identifying the creditworthiness/ solvency of the customer, before or during the contractual relationship.
The Customer may ultimately request direct debit/ postal of their payments. To prevent the Bank indicated by the Customer/ Italian Post Office rejecting this request Enel Energia will ensure that the bank/ postal data provided are correct. To this end, Enel Energy may contact the Bank/ Italian Post Office as well as directly contacting the customer by the telephone or digital channels made available for this purpose;
9. Provision of a geolocation system for vehicles and fleet protection against any unlawful or fraudulent acts of third parties or customers, as well as, through the app released, a user geolocation system, activated following user authorisation, aiming to provide them with content and services;
10. Activities aimed at improving the services provided related to the contractual relationship (eg. Surveys to assess the satisfaction of the customer);
11. For activities conducted by EE aimed at the development of studies and market research, direct sales activities, including by phone, or placement of products/services, or sending commercial information including interactive, as well as the sending of advertising/ information material, 'traditionally' (i.e. paper mail and/ or call with operator) or by 'automated' contact systems (for example SMS and/ or MMS, phone calls without operator intervention, email, fax, interactive applications) pursuant to art. 130, c. 1 and 2, of the Privacy Code. Enel Energia informs the person concerned that, that according to Art. 130, paragraph 4 of the Code, and as required by the Authority for the protection of personal data based on a specific measure (so-called soft spam) email address provided in the context of the contractual relationship with Enel Energia will be used y the latter for sending commercial offers for products and/ or services similar to those previously bought. Interested parties may at any time object to the processing by sending a request to the dedicated mailbox under the 'Rights of' section the present information.
12. For Enel Group companies and third parties, business partners of Enel Energia, operating mainly in the sectors of supply and sale of energy, electricity and gas, renewable energy generation, to whom Enel Energia may notify/assign the data acquired for the performance of activities aimed at the elaboration of studies and market research information, may send mail or direct sales activities, including placement of products/services, send commercial information including interactive, and send advertising material/information, 'traditionally' (i.e. postal mail and/or call with an operator) or using automated 'contact' systems (i.e. SMS and/or MMS, telephone calls without operator intervention, email, fax, interactive applications) according to art. 130, c. 1 and 2, code ";
13. Including the analysis of usage trends for the products and services offered by Enel Energia, the definition of individual and group profiles, the proposal of individual offers, including offers prepared using tools and applications that measure overall energy consumptions or hourly distribution, or related to individual user devices.
14. Your personal information at the time of conclusion of the contract will ultimately be used for purposes of art. 1, paragraphs 154 and 156 of Law n. 208/2015 and in particular the purpose of charging, on the invoice, the installments related to the RAI license fee or reimbursement of the fee, as well as the reversal of amounts related to the above Treasury fee. To this end, Enel Energia informs that on www.enelenergia.it site the means are highlighted through which it will be possible for the client to update and correct their personal data, by giving notice to the usual contact channels on the 'Contact Us' page of the web portal.
The person concerned is free to provide personal data when requested; failure, or partial or incorrect information could make it impossible to provide the services requested.
The acquisition of consent for the processing of personal data is necessary for all the aforementioned processing associated and/or necessary to fulfill legal obligations, under Community legislation, to perform obligations under a contract entered into by the person concerned or fulfill, before the conclusion of the contract, specific requests of the latter.
The consent to the processing of personal data for the purposes set out in paragraphs 11) 12) and 13 is optional and may be revoked at any time as described in the 'Your rights' section of this policy.
The web pages and Enel Energia App may contain social networks plug-ins (eg. Facebook, Twitter, Google+ Pinterest etc...).
If you access one of our web pages with a similar plug-in, the browser connects directly to the social network server and the plug-in is displayed on the screen through the connection with the browser.
Even if you are not registered with social networks, websites with active social plugins can send data to the network. Through an active plugin, on every access to the website a cookie will be set with a code. From the moment that your browser sends this cookie every time you connect with a network server, the network could create a profile of Websites that the user has visited. And in that case it would be possible to trace the code to a person, for example when the user connects to social networks.
Additional information on the collection and use of data by social networks in general and on the rights and available ways to protect the person's privacy in this context, is available on the account pages of the social network, on the protection of data. If you do not want to associate your visit to our web pages with your social media account, you must log off.
For more information on the development and use of information through social networks, as well as settings for the protection of privacy, you should check the privacy policies of the respective social networks or websites. Find the links in question below.
The Enelenergia.it site makes use of retargeting, i.e. systems that allow the display, for example on social networks or when you do a search on search engines, advertising consistent with the pages you've visited before, or with your Enelenergia.it browsing.
We use this technology to show themed listings that match your tastes rather than standard advertising that does not interest you.
The processing is also performed with the help of electronic or automated means by Enel Energia and/or third parties that Enel Energia may employ for the storage, management or transmission of the data. More specifically, data processing may take place with the collection and subsequent processing performed through accurate measurement of consumption and the preparation of profiles that can be viewed by accessing the Enel Energia website or through applications for smartphones, tablets or other similar handsets, made available by Enel Energia. Organisation and processing logics will also be applied to your personal data in relation to access and usage logs for online services, for the purposes mentioned above and in a way that ensures the security and confidentiality of the data. With regard to online transactions, the data processed is protected through the use of adequate technological solutions with regard to both the security of the connections and the storage of financial data (credit cards, IBAN, etc.). The personal data processed will be kept for the periods envisaged in the Privacy Code and applicable regulations.
To achieve the above purposes, Enel Energia may communicate your data for processing by third parties with whom it has working relations, in Italy or abroad, including non-EU countries, where these parties provide services at its request. Enel Energia will only provide them with the information needed to perform the services required, taking every measure to protect your personal data.
Your data may also be provided to selected business partners of Enel Energia, in addition to ENEL Group companies as associate, subsidiary and/or parent companies of Enel Energia, for marketing and other purposes which we feel may be beneficial to you.
The persons in the categories listed above shall operate as distinct data controllers, data processors and/or persons in charge of the processing, appointed for this purpose by Enel Energia.
Personal data may also be made available to employees, consultants, interns and employees of Enel Energia that are specially appointed/designated as data processors or persons in charge of the processing.
Cookies are a technology used by websites to recognise users within a work session. They are not used to collect users’ personal information, but only to facilitate browsing on the site and the use of its various services.
Cookies only collect anonymous data and have a limited lifespan. All the information collected is used, for example, to monitor and analyse usage of the site, improve its functionality and refine the selection of content and layout in response to visitors’ needs. If you refuse to accept cookies, the quality of the pages you visit may be affected.
Enel Energia may host advertising messages on its sites, in agreement with third parties, which may contain cookies belonging to the third-party owner of the advertising. Enel Energia has no control over these cookies or the content of these sites, and has no access to them.
The Data Controller is Enel Energia S.p.A., with registered office at Viale Regina Margherita, 125 - 00198 - Rome. To exercise your rights under art. 7 of Legislative Decree no. 196/03, you must send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enel Energia informs you that, pursuant to art. 7 of the Privacy Code, you have the right at any time to obtain confirmation of the existence or otherwise of such data, and to know its content and origin, verify its accuracy or request its completion, updating, or correction.
In accordance with the afore-mentioned article, the affected parties have the right to request the deletion, transformation into anonymous form or blocking of data processed in violation of the law, and in any case, to refuse its processing for legitimate reasons.
For the data processing referred to in points 11, 12 and 13, you may always revoke your consent and exercise the right to object to direct marketing (whether 'traditional' or 'automated'). Unless otherwise indicated, the objection shall be taken as referring to both traditional and automated communications. To exercise the rights referred to above, submit a request to the dedicated mailbox email@example.com.
This notice is provided pursuant to Article 13 of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 "Code regarding the protection of personal data" for those who interact with the corporate website of the Company Enel Italia S.r.l., www.enel.it.
Pursuant to the aforementioned Article 13 of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003, it is hereby declared that Enel Italia S.r.l., with registered office in Viale Regina Margherita 125 - 00198 Rome is the Data Controller of the data supplied by those who access the Company's website, www.enel.it. Within the Company itself, the personal data collected is processed by employees who act as "Appointees", following the specific instructions and directions given to them.
Furthermore, Enel Italia S.r.l. declares that, whilst browsing the www.enel.it website, the IT systems and software procedures used to operate the site during normal operation acquire certain personal data. By its very nature, this information could identify users/visitors (such as via the IP address, domain names of computers used by users/visitors connecting to the site, etc.) throughout the processing and association with data held by third parties. Such data, in an absolutely anonymous form, can only be used for statistical surveys and to check the correct functioning of the site and are deleted immediately after processing.
Enel Italia S.r.l. declares that the aforementioned data will be processed, even with automated tools, in compliance with the guarantees of confidentiality and security measures required by current legislation, with a logic strictly related to the purposes of the processing. The aforementioned data will be kept for the time strictly necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the data was collected and, in any case, in compliance with the current regulations in force. Specific security measures have been implemented in order to prevent data loss, illicit or incorrect use of data, and unauthorised access.
Pursuant to Article 7 of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003, site users/visitors have the right to obtain confirmation at any time of the existence of the data and how it is used, to find out about the content and origin, verify its accuracy or request integration, updating or correction (Article 7 of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003), as well as updating, integrating, correcting or requesting its cancellation, and blocking and opposing its processing, if carried out in violation of the law.
Requests should be addressed to Enel Italia S.r.l. - Viale Regina Margherita 125 - 00198 Rome