Survey on call centre quality - year 2018
In compliance with the obligations set out in the Regulatory Authority for Energy Networks and the Environment (ARERA, according to its Italian acronym) resolution of 21 July 2016, 413/2016/R/com and subsequent modifications and integrations, this information notice is published on personal data processing, pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679.
The Regulatory Authority for Energy Networks and the Environment with its resolution of 21 July 2016, 413/2016/R/com and subsequent modifications and integrations (measure available on the Authority's website, www.arera.it) has established that an annual survey is to be carried out on the quality of telephone responses provided to customers of commercial call centres for major electricity and gas suppliers, instrumental to the exercise of the powers conferred by Law 481 of 14 November 1995.
In more detail, the customer satisfaction survey will be carried out by drawing a sample of customers who have resorted to the call centre. The survey results will be made public anonymously, in compliance with the confidentiality profiles indicated by the Privacy Guarantor. In light of the above and in accordance with European Regulations on personal data protection, the processing of information concerning you will be based on the principles of fairness, lawfulness and transparency and the protection of your privacy and rights.
Therefore, pursuant to Article 13 of Legislative Decree 196/2003 and subsequent amendments, we hereby provide you with the following information:
- Some data related to your call to the call centre, indicated in point 2 below, which you spontaneously provided to the operator, will be processed temporarily, also electronically, to the extent that is strictly necessary in order to carry out the demoscopic survey that the Regulatory Authority for Energy Networks and the Environment (ARERA) will conduct in order to ascertain the quality of telephone services and, more specifically, electricity and gas services customer satisfaction and expectations, having resorted to the call centre, in relation to the responses received from operators.
- The data subject to the processing referred to in point 1 above concerns: the name of the person who spoke to the call centre operator, the holder's name for the supply contract to which the call refers, the service to which the call refers (electricity, gas or both), the reason, week and time of call, the telephone number, as resulting from the data in the operator's possession and relating to the contractual relationship established or to be established.
- If you are called back for the purposes of the telephone survey and you consent, the data acquired during the survey will also be processed, including by ARERA personnel acting on the basis of specific instructions provided in relation to the processing purposes and methods described above. It is not necessary to take the aforementioned telephone survey. In this case, the survey will continue in respect of the other subjects in the sample.
- Legal basis of the processing: personal data collected for this survey is processed by the Authority, in the performance of its tasks of public interest, or tasks otherwise related to the exercise of its powers.
- The data controller is the Regulatory Authority for Energy Networks and the Environment (ARERA), with registered office in Corso di Porta Vittoria, 27, 20122, Milan - email: email@example.com,, PEC: firstname.lastname@example.org, switchboard +39 02655651.
- The Data Protection Officer (DPO) can be reached at the following address: Regulatory Authority for Energy Networks and the Environment. Personal Data Protection Manager, Via dei Crociferi, 19 - 00187 Rome, email: email@example.com.
- The entity responsible for data processing is the company Istituto Piepoli, with registered office in Via B. Cellini 2-A 20129 Milan.
- You may exercise your rights towards the data controller at any time, namely you may request to know the existence of data processing concerning you (right of access); without delay, you may obtain the communication of such data and its origin, cancellation (right to oblivion), transformation into anonymous form or blocking of data that is unlawfully processed, as well as the updating, rectification (right of rectification) or integration of data. You also have the right to revoke your consent, entirely or partially, for legitimate reasons, to the processing of personal data concerning you, even if it is relevant to the collection purposes (right of opposition).
- Deletion of data used for survey purposes: the Authority, at the end of the Survey, after the anonymous delivery of the results and the control of the same, will delete all data files made available by the sales companies.