How a home automation system works
By domotic home we mean a type of home in which it is possible to manage remotely thanks to electronic solutions and IT, with the aid of tablets and smartphones, all the systems of the house that can be computerized. Technology has made it possible to make your home smarter and more efficient, allowing you to simplify even more everyday gestures, such as turning on the radiators or regulating the temperature, all just a click away.
Why choose a smart home
The advantages that you can benefit from with a domotic home are undeniable from various points of view, with a computerized system it will be possible to manage the opening and closing of the shutters, control the lights and the heating, also check that there are no gas leaks or electrical leaks. One of the simplest ways to save money is to try to dose consumption, avoiding wasting energy and money unnecessarily.
A practical example can be found with the opening and closing of curtains and shutters; on a winter day if it should be sunny, it will be possible to open them remotely, thus allowing the light and heat of the sun to heat the house. On our return it will not be necessary to raise the thermostat of the radiators too much. The same principle can be applied during the summer season: keeping curtains and shutters closed helps to maintain a lower and more constant temperature inside the home, it will not be necessary to operate the air conditioners for a long time to combat the summer heat.
Without a doubt we can summarize the advantages of a home automation in the next two points.
One of the driving reasons behind the decision to convert your home is energy saving. By making your home fully or partially automated, it will be possible to be more aware of your consumption and manage energy sources efficiently and without waste. The benefits of this choice will not only be in economic terms, but also in terms of environmental sustainability, a conscious choice towards a greener future.
Smarter, worry-free life
In the frenzy of everyday life it can happen that you forget to close a window, unplug a socket or close the garage door. With a house equipped with a home automation system this will no longer be a problem, thanks to the possibility of being able to use the smartphone to manage the electrical functions remotely it will not be necessary to go home to avoid unnecessary waste and worries.
How much does a smart home consume?
One of the most frequent questions that are often asked is related to the consumption of a home automation. It has been ascertained that the main benefit of this choice is the cost savings in terms of electricity and heating. Of course, the conversion of one's home into a domotic home may require a non-negligible initial cost (thus determining a brake on change), which however will prove to be a profitable investment in the future.
In fact, we can highlight some aspects that should not be underestimated:
- in the event that we decide to put the property up for sale, its market value will be higher than others equipped with normal lighting and heating systems;
- the home automation devices that can be installed will guarantee not only savings in electricity, but also other energy sources, such as water and gas.
With a home automation system it will also be possible:
- automatically switch off all electronic devices that remain on standby after use, thus reducing a proven waste of electricity;
- control the current consumption of household appliances saving on energy consumption, but also avoiding overloads or blackouts;
- temperature control of the room at a distance, maintaining a constant temperature inside the walls of the house is one of the main sources of savings;
- set the automatic irrigation of the garden, which can be adjusted according to times and climate, avoiding waste of water during the summer season.