ARERA interventions for recharging electric vehicles
The Resolution 541/2020 /R/EEL, governs the experimentation aimed at favoring private low voltage recharging (for domestic and non-domestic customers) in the night and holiday time slots.
Specifically, from 1 July 2021 to 31 December 2023, you can recharge your electric vehicle by taking up to 6 kW, at night, on Sundays and on other holiday days, without having to request an increase in power from your supplier and without having to incur any additional costs due to the increase in power (subject to the application, only to non-domestic customers, of a contribution to cover administrative costs).
The requirements to access this experimentation are:
- have a contractual power between 2 kW and 4.5 kW;
- have an electronic meter remotely managed in service, of the first or second generation, and in the latter case configured in such a way that any customized time bands are compatible with the identification of energy withdrawals carried out in the night/holiday time ranges;
- this electronic meter must be electrically connected to a charging device for electric vehicles that is at least capable of measure and record the active charging power of the vehicle and transmit it, as well as receive and implement the commands regarding the maximum charging power assigned by the designated parties. The GSE has prepared a list of such recharging devices suitable to participate in the trial;
- provide consent to carry out checks and controls, including at home, and undertake to promptly notify the GSE of any plant or contractual changes that may occur during the trial period.
Each customer who meets the requirements and intends to join the trial must submit a request to the GSE by 30 April 2023; to this end, the "Operational guide for participating in the Arera experimentation dedicated to charging electric vehicles" is published on the GSE website, which contains the requirements for participation in the experimentation, the procedures for submitting the request of admission and possible renunciation, the cases that may generate a denial of the access request, the methods of communication of plant and contractual changes, the causes of exclusion from the experimentation and the timing of processing the request and communicating the outcome.
The aim of this experimentation is to promote "intelligent" charging of electric vehicles in a way that is compatible with the characteristics of existing power networks, exploiting the potential offered by electronic meters and the most advanced charging devices that are able to regulate their charging speed on the basis of commands provided by actors external (for example from aggregators or the local distributor, subject to the customer's authorization), or automatically.
Benefits also for business customers
With regard to electric mobility, with resolution ARG/elt/
This rate can only be requested in the case of exclusive powering of electric vehicle recharging points in places accessible to the public.
The difference with respect to other non-domestic users connected in low voltage concerns the fact that, in the case of BTVE, the tariff payments are expressed only in c €/kWh, i.e. according to the power withdrawn. Therefore, the absence of fixed components or in power share (€/point/year or €/kW/year) makes this rate particularly favorable.
If you intend to request expressly the application of the BTVE Rate you can follow this procedure:
- Verify that the POD in BT for which you are requesting the application of the tariff is intended exclusively for powering electric vehicles in a place accessible to the public; in fact, it is not possible to apply the BTVE tariff if the energy withdrawn is used, in addition to charging electric vehicles, also for other purposes (for example, in the case of a service station already connected to the power grid, electrical uses for fuel pumps, for yard lighting and for any services present such as the bar or car wash).
- Contact the territorially competent Key Account Manager (KAM) by e-mail.
References are available on the page dedicated to Public Administrations on the Enel Energia portal in the section “My tools”, by clicking on KBMS - Search Business Direct Channel. Simply enter the postcode of interest at the bottom of the page in the "Find the Enel consultant closest to you" tool.
- Indicate in the subject of the e-mail " Request for information / BTVE rate application " and in the body of the email the useful references for a subsequent contact by our operator.
Log the contact with the following activity: incoming call/Face - Information - Offers - Business, it is also necessary to enter the following structured comment: BTVE rate application request for charging station public; provided KAM e-mail address of reference.