How the TV license fee is paid in the bill and how much it is
Starting from July 2016, the subscription fee for television for private use is paid in installments in the electricity bill.
The television license fee is charged to all customers with resident domestic electricity bills.
You can check if your user is "domestic" on the first page of the bill, in the Supply Data section under "Customer type", you will find the wording "resident domestic".
The amount of €90 will be divided into 10 installments of €9 on electricity bills from January to October. The charge will vary according to the billing frequency of the electricity bill, i.e.:
- €9 on monthly bills
- €18 on bimonthly bills
In the summary of the invoiced amounts shown on the first page of the bill, a specific item is indicated with the amount relating to the fee installments.
The bill may be charged installments of the fee with different amounts depending on the period in which you activated the electricity supply.
See the table below.
|User activvation||Fee||Fee amount (€)||Total amount (€)|
*The amount will be charged in a lump sum in the first installment of the following year
Exemption from the RAI fee
You can be exempted from paying the Rai license fee in the event that:
- you do not have a television or a device capable of receiving the radio and television signal
- you have reached the age of 75 and have an annual income not exceeding 8,000 euros
- you are a diplomatic agent, consular official or employee, official of international organizations or a military of non-Italian citizenship or civilian personnel not resident in Italy, of non-Italian citizenship , belonging to the NATO forces stationed in Italy
If you fall into one of the categories that meet the above requirements, you must complete and send a self-declaration form to communicate your right to exemption and not receive the charge on your bill. This declaration must be sent by the following dates:
- January 31, 2022 to be exempt for the whole year
- June 30, 2022 to be exempt for the second half of 2022, from July to December
The declaration must be submitted every year through one of the following channels:
- Web application available on the Revenue Agency website
- PEC with digital signature to the address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registered mail to the following address: Revenue Agency Turin Office 1, S.A.T. – TV Subscription Desk - PO Box 22 – 10121 Turin
The declaration must not be sent to Enel Energia or to the National Electricity Service because we are not entitled to receive it.