Incentives for the installation of electric charging stations
To encourage electric vehicle owners to have a home recharging system, the State has provided some incentives. By virtue of the 2019 Budget Law, you can access:
- superbonus 110%: the Relaunch Decree 34/2020 provides, for the whole of 2022 and 2023, that the installation of electric vehicle recharging columns constitutes an intervention driven by the Superbonus 110%. This incentive can also be used in the years 2024 and 2025, but in this case the rates change: 70% in 2024 and 65% in 2025. The installation of the column, considered a towed intervention, must take place in combination with at least one of the so-called driving forces, listed by the decree.
This incentive is recognized through the deduction of the expense from the income tax in 4 annual installments.
Why is it advisable to install an electric column in the house?
Current regulations do not oblige or prevent charging the car via a normal household electrical outlet, however this method is certainly not the best.
In fact, it is always preferable to use columns or the wallbox because they guarantee quick and aware top-ups. In fact, these devices allow your electric car to quickly absorb the maximum available power without triggering the meter and, depending on the model selected, also allow the choice of the best recharging time slot and complete management of the same remotely. providing you with clear reports on the amount of electricity supplied to the battery.
How to install an electric charging station at home
To set up a domestic recharging system in a detached house or in a single-family house no authorization is required. No permits are required either from the Municipality or from the Network Operator. It is possible to recharge the electric car by connecting it to the existing meter, so a separate accounting and therefore a new meter is not necessary.
The most common installation process is followed by a specialized technician sent by the company where you buy the charging infrastructure. In general, you can proceed as follows:
- choice and purchase of the home recharging device: there are two types: the electric column, i.e. a sort of totem to be placed on the floor and the wallbox, i.e. a recharging point that is installed on the walls inside the garage or outside the house;
- inspection by a specialized technician: the technician carries out all preventive measurements, checks the location of the electrical panel and identifies the best position for the charging device;
- balance of the estimate and any additional costs for complex works;
- installation of the charging station or wallbox: carried out on the basis of the specifications of the home, the vehicle to be recharged and the previously verified consumption habits.
How to install an electric column in a condominium
For all those who live in a condominium and wish to install a recharging device, it is necessary to differentiate between two situations:
- if the recharging point is to be placed in a private part of the building for personal use (for example in the owned garage) no authorizations are required, provided that safety regulations are complied with on electrical systems;
- if the recharging point is to be located in a common area (such as the condominium parking lot) it is mandatory to contact the condominium administrator to request the convening of the assembly and receive the consent of the majority of participants representing at least half of the value of the condominium. Generally, parking columns are used: set up outdoors, near squares and/or gardens. Furthermore, it must be recorded that all expenses will be borne exclusively by condominiums in possession of electric vehicles. In the event of non-consent from the assembly, the single condominium, within three months of the request made in writing, can still install the devices at his own expense, provided that the new system: does not damage the common areas, does not alter the safety and decorum of the building and does not hinder other co-owners in the use of the common areas.
How much does it cost to install a charging station for electric cars?
The costs of the recharging system depend on the type of device purchased, for example there are 3.7KW models, typically suitable for cars with batteries with modest autonomy or for plug-in hybrid vehicles, o higher power systems, suitable for full-electric cars (BEV) that have batteries that guarantee greater autonomy. Furthermore, in some cases, adaptation works of the electrical system may be necessary.
Electricity columns and photovoltaic panels
When we choose to install a home recharging device, it is good to make some reflections. In fact, the environmental and economic advantages associated with the use of electric cars are maximized if the columns are powered by energy generated from renewable sources.
Therefore, if you have the possibility, it is a good choice to simultaneously install a small renewable energy production plant, such as photovoltaic panels. To further optimize economic savings, it is advisable to also include a battery storage system, to be able to recharge the car even in times of low energy production (little sunlight).
Furthermore, it is possible to optimize the self-consumption of a photovoltaic system by opting for electric columns capable of automatically regulating the recharging power required for the vehicle. So as to avoid unnecessary waste and save on the bill. In this case, the system must be equipped with suitable consumption measurement devices.
Juicebox is the Enel X Way wallbox which, in addition to ensuring rapid charging, is able to detect the consumption of others household appliances connected to the meter, so that they can be recharged to the maximum without exceeding the available power.
The Juicebox Pro Cellular formula includes inspection and professional installation by Enel X Way technicians. The offer includes 2-year insurance coverage on the Juicebox included in the price. Electrical phenomena, atmospheric events, fire, lightning and much more are covered.