Real Estate Ownership: all you need to know
All information on the new decree law housing
House plan law
Article 5 of Legislative Decree 47/2014 states that "any person who unlawfully occupies a property without entitlement may not apply for registered residence or public utility connections for that property and any acts issued in violation of this prohibition shall be void to all intents and purposes.
The legislation contained in Decree Law no. 47 of 28 March 2014, converted into Law no. 80 of 23 May 2014, was drafted in order to combat unauthorised building and illegal occupation of properties.
Applicants for electricity, gas, water services and telephone lines must provide Enel Energia with:
- an original or certified copy of a deed proving ownership or lawful possession or occupancy of the property unit,
- a self-declaration in lieu of an affidavit (under Article 47 of the consolidated text of President Decree no. 445 of 28 December 2000).
Guide to the form
Do you have to fill out a "Planning compliance declaration" or a "Declaration of lawful possession/occupancy of a property"? If you have any doubts, before submitting the documents, you can consult the new
To apply for a new electricity, gas, water or telephone contract, or take over an existing contract, the Customer has to provide proof of legitimate occupancy of the property, or else the Contract* will be void.
* Decree Law no. 47 of 28 March 2014 - Urgent measures for the housing crisis, the construction market and for Expo 2015, converted into a Law on May 27, with effect from 28 May 2014.
The suppliers (in this case Enel Energia) must request the customer to prove ownership or lawful possession or occupancy of the property unit for which they are requesting the service.
The documentation/certification must be submitted when the Customer applies for the supply. The Customer must use the pre-printed form sent by us, which they can submit via:
Fax to 800 046 311 (for an electricity supply)or 800 997 736 (for a gas supply)
It is important to enclose a copy of both sides of a valid identity document. For faster delivery, we recommend submitting the form by EMAIL or FAX.
No, the self-declaration certifying the right of occupancy of the property is required to activate/take over the supply. For this reason, the documentation must be sent before the completion of the Contract.
We may not have received the documents, or else the documentation may be incomplete for the following reasons:
- we have not received the Declaration of lawful possession/occupancy of the property for which the supply is requested.
- the documentation does not include a copy (both sides) of a valid identification document (identity card, passport, driving license, etc...).
- The documentation lacks required data, such as:
- details of the contract holder (name, surname, tax ID code, etc.)
- details of the property for which the supply is requested
- details concerning ownership, lawful possession or occupancy of the property.
Yes, in this case the application must be completed and signed by the contract holder (wife) and the authorisation (on the back of the request/declaration) must be filled out and signed by the title holder of the property (husband). Please note: in this case, copies of identification documents of both persons (husband and wife) must be enclosed. The documentation must all be sent at the same time.
Simply tick the "Other specify" box and in the description section indicate - Sisma Abruzzo - MAP or Property Fund (the sections for registration data can be left blank).
Simply tick the "Other specify" box and give the details from the record of the deed of allocation by the municipality/institution, etc.
- Simply tick the "Property" box and give the details from the deed of sale of the land (this document will contain the details concerning ownership of the property).
- Details of the permit/application for planning permission/declaration of commencement of works (DIA)/ other authorisation (to be enclosed).
- Enclose a copy of the certificate of use and occupancy of the building.
Simply tick the "Other specify" box and give the details from the decree of transfer (this is the document by which the judge transferred the ownership of the property).