Taking over an inactive meter is easy
How to take over an inactive meter
If you want to reactivate an inactive meter, you will need to provide:
- your tax ID code
- the POD code or Eneltel ID no. of the meter (for an electricity supply) or the PDR code (for a natural gas supply). You will see this on the tag attached to the meter
- the meter reading
In addition, you will need to fill in and return:
- the form declaring ownership or rightful possession of the property for which the electricity or gas supply is requested (certificate of residence).
To learn more click here.
Find out all our electricity and gas deals for your transfer.
How to monitor the status of your application
After signing the contract with Enel Energia, register with the Customers' Area and go to the "Your records" section: here you can monitor the status of your application.
In the "Your operations" section you will find a list of the contracts you have signed with Enel Energia: they show the date of signing, the type of contract (whether electricity or gas), the contract number and, also here, the application status. Your contracts are available in pdf. format.
Terms and conditions
To conclude a supply agreement, Enel Energia must verify some data regarding the applicant and the property for which it has been requested (Law Decree no. 47 of 28 March 2014, Art. 5 "Combating unlawful occupation of properties", converted into law no. 80/2104).
You will have to correctly fill in the contract form and send it by fax or post to the contact address specified on the form. A photocopy of a valid ID document should also be attached.
If you fail to send the required documentation, the contract drawn up shall be considered void.
A Take over is a request to activate a supply of gas or electricity that has been deactivated.
** A Take over should not be confused with a transfer, which is the variation of the name a contract is under for a supply of electricity or gas that is still active
The cost of a Take over for electricity is an administrative charge of Euro 26.48 and a fixed charge of Euro 23, for a total of Euro 49.48 plus tax.
The cost of a Take over for gas supply is an administrative charge of Euro 30 plus tax.
Costs vary according to what is laid down by the Authority for Electricity, Gas and the Water System.
To request a Take over you will need to provide:
- The Name and Surname or the Company name of the entity requesting the supply and the relative Tax Code or VAT ID;
- The POD (for electricity) or the PDR (for gas supply) - To find out what a POD/PDR is click here
- The telephone contact and email address of the entity requesting the supply.
For the valid conclusion of the contract for domestic use, along with the contract documents, you will receive a form that you will need to fill out to declare the title for which you own, hold or use the property relative to the supply.
You will need to send it back together with a copy of a valid ID (Decree Law "Casa" 28 March 2014 n. 47) - For more info about the Home Plan click here.
The forms you receive will indicate exactly what you need to send to us in order to complete your contract.
To submit your forms you can:
- upload documents onto our website enelenergia.it, here
- send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- send a fax to the number +39 800 046 311 if it is for electricity, and to the number +39 800 997 736 if instead it is for a gas supply.
- send the documents by mail to Enel Energia SpA: Post office box 8080 - 85100 Potenza (for electricity), or Post office Box 1000 - 85100 Potenza (for a natural gas supply).
If your documentation is incorrect or incomplete, you will be contacted by our consultant who will help you fill out the forms correctly. It is important that you always provide a phone number or an email address to be contacted at.
If we cannot contact you because you did not provide your phone number or email address, you will be sent a letter at the address you provided at the conclusion of the contract that will invite you to contact us.
Please note that failing to return or returning incomplete documentation, or the inability to contact you in any of the above methods, will prohibit us from activating the supply.
The activation times are set by the Authority for Electricity, Gas and the Water System (ARERA) and prescribe:
- 5 working days from our request to the Distributor for Electricity Supplies
- 10 working days from our request to the Distributor for Gas Supplies
The activation request is sent to the Distributor with territorial jurisdiction only after we have received all the properly completed forms.
You will be contacted by a consultant for the Take over of a gas supply in order to schedule an appointment with a technician that has been appointed by the area Distributor for the supply's activation.
Caution! The local distributor varies according to the geographic area and is a company other than Enel Energia.
It is possible to modify the power level of your meter according to your needs during the take over.
You can ask for modifications of 0.5 kW for power up to 6 kW (Ex. 0.5 - 1.5 - 2.0 - 3.5 - etc.) or modifications of 1 kW for power from 6 to 10 kW (Ex. 7 – 8 – 9 – 10).
If you request a power modification during the Take over, a quote will be issued that will indicate the costs and activation times. It is also possible to modify the power level at a later stage.
No, of course you don't have to pay them! Unpaid bills from the previous customer will never be charged to the new customer.