A Take over is a request to activate a supply of gas or electricity that has been deactivated.
** A Take over should not be confused with a transfer, which is the variation of the name a contract is under for a supply of electricity or gas that is still active
The cost of a Take over for electricity is an administrative charge of Euro 25.81 and a fixed charge of Euro 23, for a total of Euro 48.81 plus tax.
The cost of a Take over for gas supply is an administrative charge of Euro 30 plus tax.
Costs vary according to what is laid down by the Authority for Electricity, Gas and the Water System.
To request a Take over you will need to provide:
- The Name and Surname or the Company name of the entity requesting the supply and the relative Tax Code or VAT ID;
- The POD (for electricity) or the PDR (for gas supply) - To find out what a POD/PDR is click here
- The telephone contact and email address of the entity requesting the supply.
No, bills not paid by the previous owner of the supply - if different from the applicant - are not charged to the new Customer who takes over.
For the valid conclusion of the contract for domestic use, along with the contract documents, you will receive a form that you will need to fill out to declare the title for which you own, hold or use the property relative to the supply.
You will need to send it back together with a copy of a valid ID (Decree Law "Casa" 28 March 2014 n. 47) - For more info about the Home Plan click here.
The forms you receive will indicate exactly what you need to send to us in order to complete your contract.
To submit your forms you can:
- upload documents onto our website enelenergia.it, here
- send an email to email@example.com or
- send a fax to the number +39 800 046 311 if it is for electricity, and to the number +39 800 997 736 if instead it is for a gas supply.
- send the documents by mail to Enel Energia SpA: Post office box 8080 - 85100 Potenza (for electricity), or Post office Box 1000 - 85100 Potenza (for a natural gas supply).
The following forms are required to complete the contract:
- if there is no prior arrears for the supply concerned, you must fill in and return the form for acceptance of the contract
- if for the supply concerned results previous arrears:
- If you are a natural person you will have to fill in and return the form relating to the title of availability of the property.
- If you are a legal person, you must send us a copy of the Lease / Sale / Loan Agreement and if you are registered with the Chamber of Commerce, you must also attach a copy of the Chamber of Commerce Certificate.
On the forms you will receive you will find an indication of what is necessary to return to perfect your contract.
You will have to return the forms together with a copy of a valid identity document.
To submit your forms you can:
- Upload documents from our website enel.it, by clicking here.
- Send an e-mail to the attachments firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send a fax to 800046311 if it is an electricity supply; on 800 997 736 if it is a gas supply.
- Send the documents by mail to Enel Energia S.p.A .: PO Box 8080 - 85100 Potenza (for electricity supplies), PO Box 1000 - 85100 Potenza (for natural gas supplies).
If your documentation is incorrect or incomplete, you will be contacted by our consultant who will help you fill out the forms correctly. It is important that you always provide a phone number or an email address to be contacted at.
If we cannot contact you because you did not provide your phone number or email address, you will be sent a letter at the address you provided at the conclusion of the contract that will invite you to contact us.
Please note that failing to return or returning incomplete documentation, or the inability to contact you in any of the above methods, will prohibit us from activating the supply.
The activation times are set by the Authority for Electricity, Gas and the Water System (ARERA) and prescribe:
- 5 working days from our request to the Distributor for Electricity Supplies
- 10 working days from our request to the Distributor for Gas Supplies
The activation request is sent to the Distributor with territorial jurisdiction only after we have received all the properly completed forms.
You will be contacted by a consultant for the Take over of a gas supply in order to schedule an appointment with a technician that has been appointed by the area Distributor for the supply's activation.
Caution! The local distributor varies according to the geographic area and is a company other than Enel Energia.
It is possible to modify the power level of your meter according to your needs during the take over.
You can ask for modifications of 0.5 kW for power up to 6 kW (Ex. 0.5 - 1.5 - 2.0 - 3.5 - etc.) or modifications of 1 kW for power from 6 to 10 kW (Ex. 7 – 8 – 9 – 10).
If you request a power modification during the Take over, a quote will be issued that will indicate the costs and activation times. It is also possible to modify the power level at a later stage.