If you are an Enel Energia customer with a gas protection offer, by 31 December 2023, you can decide to:
- stay with the current supplier, choosing one of the our offers on the free market, coming to visit us in one of the stores Spazio Enel present throughout Italy or by calling us on the toll-free number 800.900.860; li>
- switch to another supplier on the free market with one of the offers proposed by this one.
If, however, you fall within one of the conditions that identify "vulnerable" customers (see details in the next paragraph) and decide not to choose one of the free market offers, from 1 ° January 2024, you will continue to be our customer and the economic conditions of the Vulnerability protection service to which you are entitled (art. 5 of the TIVG) will be applied, which provide for the application of the following fees:
- expenditure for natural gas (gas raw material, retail sales fees);
- cost for the transport and management service of the meter (transport fee, distribution services, further charges established by the Regulatory Authority for Energy, Networks and the Environment (ARERA);
- expenditure for system charges (system charges established by ARERA for the relevant tariff area);
- taxes and duties.
Conditions for recognition of the Vulnerability Gas Protection Service
The domestic customers, to be recognized as "vulnerable", in addition to being owners of a gas supply, must fall within one of the following conditions defined by law n. 142 of 21 September 2022:
- be over 75 years of age;
- benefit from social bonus for economic hardship (for further details consult our section dedicated to social bonus) pursuant to the article 1, paragraph 75, of law 124/17;
- be owner of a supply located in an emergency housing facility;
- be included among subjects with disabilities pursuant to article 3 of law 5 February 1992, n. 104. In this case you can declare your "vulnerability" by sending the duly completed and signed substitute declaration by 31 December 2023.
We remind you to promptly notify us of any change relating to the vulnerability requirements, which may lead to the loss of one of the conditions described above.
If you do not fall within the vulnerability conditions and by 31 December 2023 you have not exercised any choice among the market offers free, from 1 January 2024 the contractual and economic conditions relating to the Placet offer for non-vulnerable customers will be automatically applied to you (referred to in art. 2 paragraph 3 of the resolution Arera 100/2023).
For more information on the end of the gas protection service and on free market offers, visit the ARERA website.
Do you want to know more about the free market or do you need clarification?
For any questions, visit the enel.it website and the Enel Energia App, call the toll-free Enel Energia number 800 900 860, or we'll be waiting for you in the Spazio Enel closest to you.
*Service in which the contractual and economic conditions are established by the Regulatory Authority for Energy, Networks and the Environment (ARERA).