With reference to the meteorological events of May 2023 in Emilia Romagna, Marche and Tuscany, Enel Energia implemented the additional urgent measures envisaged by Arera resolution 390/2023 to support the populations affected by the emergency situation.
With the publication of resolution 390/2023 on 4 August, the ARERA arranged until 31 October 2023 for the extension of the benefits relating to the suspension of payment terms and supply suspension actions in favor of registered customers only of supplies relating to properties that have been compromised in their functional integrity* due to flood events.
In order to benefit from this extension, it will be necessary to send, by 31 August 2023 or in any case by the end date of the suspension period, a specific substitutive declaration of notarial deed, (section "Forms", tab "Tax Benefits ; VAT and EXCISE") made pursuant to article 47 of the d.P.R. 445/00, which communicates that the home and/or office has been compromised in its functional integrity* as a result of the floods that occurred in May 2023.
The request must contain an indication of the identification data of the supply or Customer Code/POD/PDR.
At the end of the suspension period, automatic installments will be applied to the bills subject to suspension for a minimum period of 12 months without interest, according to the methods already provided for by resolution 267/2023/R/com.
In any case, if you prefer to reduce your future spending, it can always pay immediately the suspended bills and renounce the installments and/or request a shorter term plan.
*"Functional integrity" means the condition of habitability of a building or its suitability to accommodate people in the premises, in compliance with hygiene and safety.
Information dated 6/23/23
Following the declaration of a state of emergency for the territories affected by the floods of May 4, 2023, the Government, with Legislative Decree 61/2023, provided for urgent interventions precisely to deal with the emergency.
Arera therefore (with resolutions 216/2023/R/com and 267/2023/R/com) has ordered:
- the suspension of the payment terms for bills and any other payment request expiring from 1 May 2023 until 31 August 2023 (invoices relating to the fees envisaged for new connection, activation, deactivation, transfer and take over);
- the suspension of actions to suspend the supply for the period from 1 May to 31 August in the event of arrears (even if accrued before 1 May 2023);
- automatic installments (starting from 1 September) of unpaid bills, over 12 months, without interest.
- The individual installments must have a constant amount of no less than 20 euros and will follow the billing frequency.
- Installation is not foreseen if the total amount to be paid in installments is less than 50 euros.
In any case, if you prefer to reduce your future spending, you can always pay suspended bills immediately and waive the installment plan and/or request a shorter plan.