End clients insurance
The enel energia policy against injuries caused by gas
What it is and who it covers
End customer insurance is insurance coverage against accidents caused by gas, valid for customers with a supply contract for an insured delivery point. The insurance is valid throughout Italy and is regulated by resolution 191/2013/R/gas of the Authority for Electricity, Gas and the Water System.
The insurance covers:
- domestic customers (including occasional customers) who use natural gas or other types of gas supplied through urban distribution networks or transport networks
- domestic customers in apartment buildings who use natural gas or other types of gas supplied through urban distribution networks or transport networks.
However, it does not cover:
- customers engaged in public service activities with an annual consumption of over 200,000 Sm3/year under standard conditions
- consumers of methane gas for motorised vehicles.
What is an insured delivery point? It is a point of delivery connected to a gas distribution or transport network, excluding:
- natural gas delivery points referred to in Article 2, paragraph 2.3(d)
- TIVG with consumption in excess of 200,000 Sm3/year
- natural gas delivery points for gas utilised for motorised vehicles
The insurance is drawn up by the Italian Gas Committee (CIG) on behalf of Enel Energia end customers through a public procedure.
The energy supplier is required to publish the insurance contract and the claim notification form or to send these to the customers.
What it covers
The resolution states that the coverage applies in the case of events caused by the use of the gas downstream of the meter (the gas delivery point). Specifically, it covers:
- accidents, including those suffered by family household members and employees
- civil liability.
- Insurance information and forms - toll-free number 800 166 654 (CIG energy consumers' desk)
- Information about open claims - toll-free number 800 92 92 86 or email@example.com.