What it is and who it covers
End customer insurance is insurance coverage against accidents caused by gas, valid for customers with a supply contract for an insured delivery point. The insurance is valid throughout Italy and is regulated by resolution 191/2013/R/gas of the Authority for Electricity, Gas and the Water System.
The insurance covers:
- domestic customers (including occasional customers) who use natural gas or other types of gas supplied through urban distribution networks or transport networks
- domestic customers in apartment buildings who use natural gas or other types of gas supplied through urban distribution networks or transport networks.
However, it does not cover:
- customers engaged in public service activities with an annual consumption of over 200,000 Sm3/year under standard conditions
- consumers of methane gas for motorised vehicles.
What is an insured delivery point? It is a point of delivery connected to a gas distribution or transport network, excluding:
- natural gas delivery points referred to in Article 2, paragraph 2.3(d)
- TIVG with consumption in excess of 200,000 Sm3/year
- natural gas delivery points for gas utilised for motorised vehicles
The insurance is drawn up by the Italian Gas Committee (CIG) on behalf of Enel Energia end customers through a public procedure.
The energy supplier is required to publish the insurance contract and the claim notification form or to send these to the customers.