The economic conditions for the supply under the default service vary depending on the specific case for which the default has been activated.
In general, the following prices will be applied:
- in the cases referred to in a) and b), the tariffs provided by ARERA for the "gas protection service" (with a retail sale quota component "QVD" equal to that defined for apartment buildings with domestic use) plus the γ parameter defined during the auction phase;
- in the cases referred to in c), the economic conditions provided for the "supplier of last resort service".
These prices will be increased to include the INAUI fee covering the arrears charges referred to in paragraph 31bis.4 of the TIVG, in the cases and modes specified by Art. 33.3 of the TIVG.
Billing for the default distribution service shall be carried out in accordance with the provisions of the ARERA in art. 33 of the TIVG.
Billing begins three months after the start of the default service, and is organised on a monthly basis.
If the default service for your supply has been activated with Enel Energia, you should have received a letter in which our company notifies you of the activation of the service and the relevant terms and conditions. The code displayed at the bottom left of the letter will help you understand the reason why the service was activated for your supply and the economic conditions that will be applied in the default distribution service, in particular:
- “DEF_B”: for non-disconnectable customers in arrears;
- “DEF_C”: for disconnectable customers in arrears;
- “DEF_A1”: for customers not in arrears and without the right to the supplier of last resort service, with regard to whom administrative termination has been requested;
- “DEF_A2”: for customers not in arrears and with the right to the supplier of last resort service, with regard to whom administrative termination has been requested;
- “DEF_D1”: for customers not in arrears who are not entitled to the supplier of last resort service and do not have a valid distribution contract;
- “DEF_D2” for customers not in arrears with the right to the last resort supply service but without a valid distribution contract.
In general, we inform you that the default distribution service is only temporary and lasts for six months, or until you sign a new contract for your gas supply or your supply is terminated (either at your request of that of the supplier). We therefore advise you to apply for a new gas supply contract as soon as possible, with no need to notify us of your withdrawal from the default distribution service for this purpose.
If the letter requests an advance of a certain amount as a security deposit, please make the payment in the manner and times specified to avoid Enel Energia requesting the authorised regional distributor to disconnect the supply due to arrears.
Thermal Year 2013-2014: for the period from October 2013 to September 2014, Enel Energia was selected by the Single Buyer as the default distribution supplier throughout the entire country; the γ parameter defined in the auction phase was 28 €cents/scm.
Thermal Years 2014-2015 and 2015-2016: for the period from October 2014 to September 2016, Enel Energia was selected by the Singe Buyer as the default distribution supplier for 6 of the 8 areas in Italy (Valle d'Aosta, Piedmont, Liguria, Lombardy, Trentino-Alto Adige, Veneto, Abruzzo, Molise, Basilicata, Puglia, Lazio, Campania, Sicily and Calabria); the γ parameter defined in the auction phase is 60 €cents/scm.
Thermal Years 2016-2017 and 2017-2018: for the period from October 2014 to September 2016, Enel Energia was selected by the Single Buyer as the default distribtion supplier for 3 of 8 areas in Italy (Abruzzo, Molise, Basilicata e Puglia; Lazio e Campania; Sicilia e Calabria). The γ parameter defined in the auction phase is 80 €cents/scm.
All communications regarding the default service, when no standard communication flows have been defined by ARERA, should be sent to the following certified e-mail address:
Automatic reimbursements pursuant to art. 42.2 of the TIVG must be paid to Enel Energia with a credit note, together with a bank transfer payable to:
BANCA MONTE DEI PASCHI DI SIENA
Via S. Margherita 11
The payment details, together with a detailed list of the supplies to which they refer, must be sent by certified e-mail to the above address. The same certified e-mail address must be used for communications regarding the outcomes of supply suspensions and withdrawals.
With reference to the provisions of art. 5.8ter of Annex A of ARERA Resolution ARG/gas 99/11 (Integrated Text on Gas Arrears), introduced by art. 5.2 of resolution 418/2014/R/gas, Enel Energia, as a default service supplier, should not be considered a specific user of the distribution service for the calculation of the weekly suspension capacity (CSSi,m) for all the delivery points supplied.