Bolletta 2.0: the origins
Enel Energia has always communicated openly to its 10 million-plus customers, in a clear style, with precise information about electricity and gas supplies, fuel consumptions and prices.
Together with others in the industry, it has participated in a process of consultation proposed by the Authority for Electricity, Gas and the Water System (ARERA) to define precise rules to make its bills clearer and more transparent for consumers.
At the end of this process, the Authority issued Resolution 501/2014, which can be considered the official birth of our new bill 2.0. Since then, Enel Energia has initiated a bill renewal process with involvement of some of its customers, to listen to their concerns and gather valuable suggestions from them on how to make bills simpler.
The new Enel Energia bill is the result of this collaboration.
- new graphics in full colour
- functional organisation of information to find useful data quickly
- separation between the Bill Summary and detailed items, for an immediate overall idea or to gain further information
- several useful contributions - reading guide, glossary, etc.- to help you read the new bill
The Digital Aspect of our bill
The new features are not only found in your letterbox, but also on your computer, tablet and smartphone.
With Enel Energia's Bolletta Web service, you receive your bill via email as soon as it is issued. No risk of delivery delays or losses, and you know at once how much you have to pay.
In addition, you avoid wasting paper and contribute to protecting the environment.
The Enel Energia App allows you to manage your supply from your smartphone or tablet, wherever and whenever you want. You can:
- see your Bill Summary and details
- pay "with one click", simply by "photographing" the QR code on the first page of your bill
- request billing details in printed form.
If you'd like a description of the bill in full detail, you can see our:
- Guide to reading the Enel Energia Bill 2.0 for the free market
- Guide to bill 2.0 for customers under the gas protection scheme.
The new logo Enel
Since April, your bill has been embellished with another new feature: our new logo. Colourful and dynamic, it is the symbol of Open Power, Enel's strategy to open up the world of energy to all and open itself to our changing global world. Learn more about the new Enel logo.
Update of electricity rates for residential contracts from January 2017
From January 2017, the L’Autorità di Regolazione per Energia, Reti e Ambiente has introduced changes on some of the components of residential consumption rates. In particular, the following have been updated:
- charges related to transport and meter operation (i.e. coverage of costs for electricity transmission, distribution and metering);
- system-related charges (i.e. coverage of general costs for the management of the electricity system).
This has led to changes in billable charges, in particular for non-residential contracts; a new fixed fee of €11.25/month has been introduced for system charges.